Around the world: an interview with Veronica from Krakow, Poland

21:00

Hello everyone.
So today I'm here with my new blogpost and I'm very excited about it.
According to statistics, people who read my blog are from different places around the world. I really like travelling and I like reading about different countries and cities. This is how the idea of making a series of interview with people about places they live in appeared. Because in my opinion, it is very interesting to read about differents countries and cities from locals.

My lovely best internet friend Veronica ( check out her twitter @suggsfrappe ), who lives in Krakow, Poland decided to help me and she is the first person to answer these questions. Thank you so much Veronica♥

If you want to ask some questions about Krakow or Poland, feel free to write them in the comments, I will ask them to Veronica and she will answer them.

If you would like to take part in this project don't forget to contact me :)
And if you have some ideas for questions to ask people for further interviews, write them too :)


So, let's start :)


Country


Where are you from and where do you live?
I'm from Poland and I live near Krakow.


What are the cities that people from another country should definitely visit?
I think the most popular destinations for tourists are Warsaw and Krakow, but everyone should visit cities like Wroclaw, Lodz, Poznan and Gdansk aswell.


What are the national dishes that everyone should try?
I personally don't like all of our national dishes so I'm gonna recommend barszcz czerwony and pierogies.


The best season to visit your country
It depends on what would you like to do here. We have some good ski resorts in the Tatra Mountains (my favourite one is Kotelnica Białczańska) so if you'd like to come here to ski then I think January and February are the best months to do it. The weather in summer is really mixed here. Sometimes it's raining a lot and sometimes we have an African weather. It also depends on a region of our country. If you want to spend summer by the Baltic Sea, you have to prepare for an unpredictable weather. Autumn is usually rainy and cloudy but spring is really beautiful and it usually gets hot at the end of April.


Share some photos that you took from different parts of your country
Kotelnica Białczańska Ski Resort


Beach in Łeba by the Baltic Sea


Krakow Main Square before the New Year's Eve Concert


Niedzica Castle



Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw 

City


What are top 5 sightseeings that everyone must see there?
- St. Mary's Basilica on the Main Square (and Main Square in general)
- Wawel (the former Royal Castle)
- Kazimierz (the former Jewish Quarter)
- Ulica Florianska (Florianska Street)
- Sukiennice (Cloth Hall)


What is the best place for shopping in your city?
Most of the tourists choose Galeria Krakowska which is near the Old Town, but my personal fave is Bonarka City Center.


Are there any interesting events or festivals in your city?
I think the most interesting festival is Pierogi Festival where you can try different kinds of our national dish. There's also a lot of film and music festivals like Krakow Film Festival or Coke Live Music Festival.
Krakow has also an arena, called Tauron Arena, where we have lots of sports events and concerts.


Are there any places around your city that definitely worth visiting?
I highly recommend Wieliczka Salt Mine. Krakow is also close to the Tatra Mountains so if you have more time, you can go there aswell.


Five adjectives that can describe your city
historical, soulful, interesting, addicting, beautiful



I hope you enjoyed this blogpost and if you would like to answer some questions and take part on this project feel free to email me at contact.iamok26@gmail.com or on twitter and instagram (@iamok26) ♥



Lots of love,
I am OK

You Might Also Like

18 коммент.

  1. I really enjoyed this post! I love the idea of interviewing people from across the globe. Plus I feel like I've learnt something from this xx

    Sophie's Spot

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Aw, I love this series idea! I definitely hope to see more :) Poland sounds like an amazing place, with so many different things to see. I would definitely love to visit one day :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thank you Erin! I can't wait to visit Poland one day :)

      Удалить
  3. This post is so lovely, what a great idea you have to share other peoples cultures, i look forward to you future interviews :)

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thanks Zoe! I can't wait to upload future interviews :)

      Удалить
  4. Love this post- looking forward to future interviews! These photos are gorgeous too ��
    www.clairelouiisexo.wordpress.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. This is so interesting its nice to know where the locals recommend not just all the tourist places x
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. I know! I really hope that many people would take part in this interview x

      Удалить
  6. This is such a cool post idea! I love seeing all the places my readers live!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ОтветитьУдалить
  7. This is such a lovely post to read, you've got a great blog series on the go here! can't wait to read the future ones!


    Love, Melissa x
    lovemelissax.co.uk

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thank you Melissa! It is so nice to read such comments ♥

      Удалить
  8. I'm low key, no, make that high key, obsessed with your blog right now. The idea of this series is just great! If you're looking for someone from the Netherlands to interview I can help you out *immediately sends application e-mail* I hope you'll do many more of these posts!

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Awww this is soooooo sweet♥♥♥ Thank you so much Envy x I have emailed you :)

      Удалить
  9. Aw I love posts like that and learning things about other people! You are doing amazing with your blog lovely, keep it up! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить